MODBUS to LoRa Converter
One of the latest and popular offerings from CASCADEMIC Solutions is the MODBUS to LoRa converter.
It uses the LoRaWAN™ technology, which is a Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) specification intended for wireless battery operated Things in a regional, national or global network. LoRa modulation technique provides significantly longer range compared to other wireless technologies.
The converter collects the data from MODBUS(RTU) slave device and converts it to LoRa environment. The gateway collects the data and sends to the cloud using GPRS.
Here are other related solutions from CASCADEMIC:
- Easy configuration and installation.
- Long lasting battery life.
- Secure communication using AES
- Quick turnaround time due to customization on existing solution as per OEM's requirement
- External flash memory upto 256 KB (extendable upto 8Mb).
- IP66 enclosure.
- Serial – RS485 half duplex (MODBUS RTU).
- Based on the MODBUS command given by the Gateway the adapter will read from the slave device and send to the Gateway.
- Wireless output in the form of LoRa
- LoRaWAN 1.0 complaint
- Configurable frequency between 862 to 1020 MHz
- Upto 1.2 Km** Line of sight range
- Provides secure communication using AES.
- Configurability of meter ID, date, time etc by the user through user application
**Range may vary depending on the antenna selection and test environment
- Smart remote metering.
- Water Monitoring and Measurement.
- Gas Metering.
- Energy Metering.